Mobicents Sip Servlets
This page is obsolete : More detailed and better looking installation instructions are available from the Mobicents Sip Servlets User Guide
Throughout this page you can click on the images to see them larger.
Jopr is an enterprise management solution for JBoss middleware projects and other application technologies.
This pluggable project provides administration, monitoring, alerting, operational control and configuration
in an enterprise setting with fine-grained security and an advanced extension model.
It provides support for monitoring base operating system information on six operating systems as well as
management of Apache, JBoss Application Server and other related projects.
This documentation provides information on how to enable the management of Mobicents Load Balancers
through Jopr with our custom Jopr plugin.
Note that 2 versions of Jopr are available. One embedded which is more targeted to dev environment and the full one more targeted for production envrionment, We will showcase only the production one since the embedded one only works embedded in JBoss and the Mobicents Sip Load Balancer is independent from the JBoss server.
With the Mobicents Sip Load Balancer jopr plugin, you can currently see metrics, configure and manage the Mobicents Sip Load Balancer.
On the Mobicents SIP Load Balancer, see graphically the total number of SIP requests, responses and concurrent calls processed by the load balancer.
You can also define the interval between runs of task that removes nodes that expired, set the value which indicates when node has expired and see the list of nodes the Load Balancer can forward SIP messages to.
You can also start and stop the load balancer
Note that those instructions works equally to install the Mobicents Load Balancer Jopr plugin for RHQ or JON
- Follow the jopr installation instructions to install the latest version of jopr.
- Stop the jopr server and agent if they are running
- Get the Mobicents Sip Load Balancer Jopr Plugin either from jboss maven repo at
or from the source code :
svn checkout http://mobicents.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/tools/sip-balancer-jopr-pluginand do a
mvn clean installin the sip-balancer-jopr-plugin directory
- Then copy the Mobicents Sip Load Balancer Jopr Plugin jar in the target directory to the
- Start the jopr server then the agent
- Start your Mobicents Sip Load Balancer as explained here
(and one node that connect to it to see it appear in the list of nodes).
Note that you will need to either download a snapshot version of the Mobicents Sip Load Balancer
or install the Load Balancer from the source at
http://mobicents.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/tools/sip-balancerbecause the current released version doesn't expose the different metrics and management operations
Note that those instructions works equally to use the Mobicents Sip Servlets Jopr plugin for RHQ or JON
- Log in to the jopr console on
and from the Dashboard
Tab, in the Auto Discovery
portlet, import your Mobicents SIP Load Balancer (by example
Mobicents SIP Load Balancer 1.0-SNAPSHOT) from under localhost.
- Then from the Dashboard, in the Recently Added Resources portlet, click on the Mobicents SIP Load Balancer,
- Then on the new Monitor view click on the mobicents:name=LoadBalancer,type=LoadBalancer link
- You can now see the metrics coming in
- To configure the Load Balancer and see the list of nodes in the cluster it is connected to, click on the Configure Tab.
- To start and stop the Load Balancer, click on the Operations Tab.